Scrum is a proven development methodology to quickly respond to vision changes. It is the defacto development methodology for software companies. Scrum is now spreading beyond IT to other fields. It’s essential to adopt Scrum when everything is changing so fast. PT Ekipa Agile Consultancy is organizing a two-day Scrum training, with optional certification through scrum.org. In this 2 day training, you will learn the basics of Scrum and involve in exercises to bring them into practice. You’ll also work on improvements for your team and learn how to apply
Who can benefit? Anyone who wants to learn how to (better) apply scrum. Whether you’re new to scrum or already use scrum
- Scrum overview
- The agile manifesto
- Scrum versus waterfall
- Scrum roles, events and artifacts
- Additional concepts: estimates, velocity, burndown chart
The goal in the morning is to get everyone on the same level of knowledge about
Afternoon: practice scrum
1. Lego city simulation
2. Retrospective day 1
We close the day with a group retrospective. People can indicate what they learned/loved/lacked/longed for, so we can make the experience even better on day 2.
1. Scrum guide presentation
We will work in teams to create a presentation about the scrum guide. Everyone gets a printout and reads the whole guide. Then within the
A. can apply right away
B. recognized as an improvement for your team
C. didn’t know before or missed out on day 1
Each team creates a visual board and presents it to the other groups.
2. Build your own scrum
In teams, we will build an overview of the
3. Agile manifesto and principles applied
In this exercise, we will study the agile manifesto and principles in groups. Each group will create an overview of how their company already works according to the principles and where they need improvement. Each team will also create an action plan and presentation.
4a. Test exam
All participants will go through a test exam. Using the questions, you will deepen your knowledge, play with the materials and you also get prepared for a possible certification assessment.
4b. Case study
Those who don’t want to prepare for the
Afternoon: applying scrum 5. Scrum applied to your (
We gather in teams. If you came with your full team, that’s the case you will work on. If the team has members from different companies, 1 real team situation will be chosen. The teams create a visual map of how scrum will be applied to a real project. Your team discusses how each of the elements is applied
6. Learning breakout In the last part of day 2, we break out into different teams. Each team takes some of the user stories from the learning backlog created in the morning. Teams discuss the user stories and present their conclusions to the rest of the group.
Wrap up of the training. We’ll discuss any remaining issues and discuss how everyone can make actions from what they’ve learned.
- Get working knowledge of the
- Get ideas on how to improve your current scrum process
- Get your lifelong Professional Scrum Master™ Certification (PSM)
- Practical exercises that you bring right into practice.
- Learn how to apply scrum within a remote or distributed team
- Learn from other participants.
- Numerous practical tips on how Scrum works and what are the pitfalls to watch out for.
This interactive workshop is
- Certification Exam - Wednesday April 4th, 2018
- Scrum Training - Wednesday April 4th, 2018
- Agile Engineering Practises - Tuesday March 27th, 2018
- - Monday February 19th, 2018
- 2 DAYS SCRUM TRAINING - Wednesday January 3rd, 2018
- A Perfect Marriage: Lean Startup & Scrum - Thursday December 14th, 2017
- CSM Training - Tuesday November 28th, 2017
- The Modern, Agile, Innovative Enterprise Start-Up - Thursday November 16th, 2017
- Agile Entrepreneurship - Saturday November 11th, 2017
- Do We Really Need An Agile Coach? - Thursday November 2nd, 2017